See the latest news from HM Government with regard to COVID-19 restrictions.
Friday 12th February: A Lenten Course for Lockdown. Archbishop John and the Diocesan Spirituality Commission are offering a Retreat for Lent, which you can follow in your own home. Using the link below, you can watch a short video reflection each week, download prayer materials and other resources which can help you make the best use of whatever time and opportunity you may have during your week. There are also additional materials for use by parish and other groups, either in person or via Zoom/Teams or similar.
If you are looking for a way to deepen your life of prayer this Lent, click on http://www.southwarkdsc.org.uk/followme where you can also sign up to receive materials directly to your email.
Churches Together in Tenterden: Suggested Lent Resources with Internet Links:
Update issued on 22 Feb 21 a “road map” out of the current lockdown. It permits you to attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. You should maintain strict social distancing at all times. Wider instructions can be found here.
Update Tuesday 5th January 2021: Following the Goverment’s direction for a national lockdown, churches will remain open. For details of restrictions for services (including weddings, funerals and other events) published by the Archbishop of Southwark; please look here. However, should there be any changes to the current arrangements for services, you will be alerted either on this site or by email.
If you plan to go to church:
- For weekday attendance no booking is necessary, but we ask you to fill in the sign-up sheet as you go into the Church for our records;
- If you wish to attend Church on a Sunday or a major feastday, you need to inform Deacon Jolyon on Tel: 01580 766449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The protocol for every day:
- Wear warm clothing, because we have to open windows to create a draught to ensure adequate air circulation.
- Note that the church heating will be on, but remain in your cars or arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before the service starts.
- Wear a mask and use the hand sanitiser as you enter the church.
- Avoid any unnecessary socialising when you come into church and take your seats.
- NOT attempt to kneel, as this will invade the social distancing of the people in front, just sit, sit and bow your head or stand in your place.
- Follow the flow for the distribution of Holy Communion, maintaining social distancing at all times
- Take the post communion meanders as led by the stewards.
- Leave the church immediately after the service, unless you are part of the volunteer cleaning team.
- Use the hand sanitiser on the way out of church.
- Avoid socialising in the car park except at a safe social distance wearing your mask.
The Church is open: There will be Private Prayer from 10am to 11.00am on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Please come through the front door and exit via the Parish Centre. On days when we are not open for prayer, our colleagues at Saint Mildred’s will be open from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Father Behr will be available for Reconciliation (Confession) during the Saturday session of private prayer. He will be in the Parish Centre, so as to maintain social distance.
Do not forget: Whilst we are under lockdown, please remember to make your regular offerings for the running of the Parish. Save up your donations and bring them to the Church when you next are able to attend. Gift Aiders should use their covenant envelopes. Everyone should also give a thought to supporting the Parish online. For options, see the page on Supporting the Parish Financially.
This week’s feasts:
|Saturday 6th March||Feria|
|10.00 am Mass
|Sunday 7th March||Third Sunday of Lent (B)|
|10.00 am Mass
|Monday 8th March||Feria |
First anniversary: Marie Josee Masters (husband Bryan)
|10.00 am Mass
|Tuesday 9th March||Feria||10.00 am Mass
|Wednesday 10th March||Feria||10.00 am Service of the Word and Holy Communion
|Thursday 11th March||Feria||10.00 am Mass
|Friday 12th March||Feria||10.00 am Mass
|Saturday 13th March||Feria||10.00 am Mass
|Sunday 14th March||Fourth Sunday of Lent (B) |
|10.00 am Mass
12.00 midday EF Mass (Latin)