Choir and Cantors
Unfortunately, at the moment the choir and organist are still unable to lead services; plans are being developed for the future.
Music has always played an important part in the liturgy at St Andrew’s. There has been a choir at least since the building of the present church in 1935 when a choir gallery was included in the design.
The Sunday 10.30am Mass usually has the most musical content, being led by an organist, a four-part choir and a team of four cantors. The Credo is sung in Latin at noon on Sundays.
The church has a fine two-manual Viscount digital organ, installed in May 2008 with a custom-designed stop list. It is a versatile instrument, ideal for liturgical accompaniment and for playing the full range of organ repertoire.
For information about any aspect of the music at our church please Contact Us