Church of Saint Teresa’s and the Cemetery at Horn Cross
When the parish was founded, an additional church was built at Horn Cross between Northiam and Brede, both in East Sussex, and dedicated to Saint Teresa of Lisieux. It opened in December 1935.
There is a small active cemetery around the church, which was the burial place of Catholics from Tenterden and the local area for some years.
Saint Teresa’s was linked to Tenterden, sharing the same priest until the retirement of Father John Hagreen.
Originally, both churches were in the Archdiocese of Southwark. Even after the creation of the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton on May 28th 1965, this remained the case until the retirement of Father John Hagreen.
This church is now served from Our Lady Immaculate and Saint Michael Church in Battle, East Sussex.