Catholic Women’s League (CWL)
In September 1906, at a Catholic conference held in Cavendish Square, a small group of women proposed the idea that an association of Catholic women could be formed, with the aim of giving weight to and promoting Catholic principles in English social and national life. A year later, reports of that meeting referred to those ladies as the founders of the League, but it was a Miss Margaret Fletcher who had first propounded the idea, and the group of ladies at Cavendish Square had allied themselves with her as their leader.
The League today is still flourishing and proving to be every bit the “weapon for God” that Margaret Fletcher first envisioned.
We had a very active CWL in the Parish until comparatively recently. Father John would be happy to give his support, should a group wish to re-establish itself.